Thursday, May 24, 2012

Little pilot.

So Will is flying the plane here today.
We were expecting/planning a peaceful weekend, but he is ready to get this show on the road.  They are seeing too much acidity in his blood.  There is too much blood flowing to his lungs right now and not enough to his body.  This was something they had told us could happen, so it didn't come as a complete surprise.
The plan is to intubate him.  He is breathing fine on his own, but they want his breathing to be controlled.  They will give him muscle relaxers and paralyze him and this is how they would like to stabilize him.
If he is stabilized (by midnight - 3 AM) they will do his Stage 1 Procedure (the Norwood) on Saturday and recovery from there should be just the same as if they waited.
If they are unable to stabilize him this way, tomorrow they will do a surgery to place a P.A. band to restrict blood flow to his lungs tomorrow (Friday) and then plan to do the Norwood on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

The doctor I spoke with expects him to be stabilized well tonight, but again, Will is in charge here.  Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support.  Let's get our little guy through the weekend.  He is such a tough little guy and he is ready to get this surgery over with!  I have to admit, as overwhelming as this is, I am, too.  Jared is with him now and I am being discharged at eight tonight.  We still get to stay with him until his surgery.

Yum, finger!
Bring it on!

My lil punkin at Children's

No comments:

Post a Comment