Sunday, September 16, 2012

Post Glenn life

It's our second weekend home after William's surgery and we are having a blast.

We had a scare the other night when one of the bandages fell off of his incision and it looked infected. We sent a picture to cardiology and they had us rush in to the emergency room. It was about 10 pm when we got there. Will's pc stayed late when she heard he was coming. She came down to the ER, looked at his chest and said it looked great! The picture made it look at lot worse than it did in person. We were home shortly after midnight. I'm sure it was the shortest ER visit ever.

Will and I have been taking advantage of our life outside of isolation! We have gone to the mall, the park, out to eat... Any and everywhere we can! It's so easy to take advantage of life and all of the things that "normal" people do. I know I never will again.

Unfortunately being in public you are exposed to people who are unkind. We have had a few comments made me uncomfortable, but I just have to shake them off. People see his NG tube and they know he is different. I wish it wasn't like that, but it is. They ask if he is sick, if he will be okay.. And I don't ever know how to answer. Is he sick? Well, kind of. Will he be okay? I hope so. Some people are not polite. I don't mind the curiosity- I prefer to educate people who want to know what he is dealing with. I wish I could educate people who say rude things, but I am not quite sure how. This is just part of our life now. Will still isn't eating his bottles well, but I know someday he will get that tube out and look just like everyone else. Until then, we will just have to tell him and everyone else how amazing he is... In case they don't already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment